David Entwisle, Chairman
- David has been the Chairman of the Board of Trustees since 26-05-2011
- David chairs our board of Trustees and has been a member of our branch for over 7 years. David brings extensive and significant experience in operations management, leadership and finance gained from long term employment in a senior capacity with an international bank. David’s role as Chairman is to provide leadership and board governance to our branch with the support of our Trustee’s. David is extremely passionate about animal welfare in the North East and frequently attends our fundraising events.
Michael Smith, Trustee
- Michael joined the board on 26-05-2011
Jackie Lewis, Trustee
- Jackie joined the board on 25-10-2012
- Jackie has been an active volunteer and Trustee for our branch for over 5 years and brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise with animal behaviour gained from over 35 years’ experience working with animals. Jackie holds an associate membership with the Professional Dog Trainer Association and leads dog obedience classes and behaviour modification sessions with clients. Jackie’s passion for animal behaviour and care is testament to her committed to our branch and position as a true ambassador for our branches values.
Rebecca Furness, Trustee
- Rebecca joined the board on October 2017
Beth Cronin, Trustee
- Beth joined the board on February 2018
- Originally from rural Northumberland, Beth has always been a big animal lover and passionate about animal welfare. She brings to the board experience in marketing, website development and copy writing, advertising and social media management from her position as an Account Manager at a busy full-service agency, where she has also gained a Diploma in Digital Marketing. She hopes to combine her experience and love of animals to help raise the profile of the branch, add to fundraising income from events and activities and contribute to meeting the branch’s overall aims and objectives.
Peter Forsyth, Trustee
- Peter joined the board on May 2018
Christopher Traynor, Trustee
- Chris joined the board on May 2018
David Turton, Trustee
- David joined the board in September 2015
- David has a journalism degree and has over 12 years’ experience in Marketing. His main area of expertise is digital marketing, including website management, social media, online advertising and search engine optimisation, although he also has experience in offline marketing activity. Originally from North Yorkshire, David has always been passionate about animal welfare and is looking to use his skills to influence the marketing elements of his local RSPCA branch.